The Centre for Digestive Diseases has state-of- the-art facilities for the early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of complex gastrointestinal, liver, gallbladder, and pancreatic diseases.
The departments of imaging, interventional radiology, nuclear medicine, oncology and lab services also work closely with the Center to provide comprehensive treatment to patients.
At Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, we strive to offer both patients and referring physicians a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach for disorders of the pancreas, bile ducts and gallbladder. A team of gastroenterologists, interventional endoscopists, radiologists, GI HPB and transplant surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, work together to design a personalised diagnostic and therapeutic plan for each patient.
The core units of the centre are the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and the Gastrointestinal Surgery.
Areas of specialty:
- Liver centre
- Centre for biliary and pancreatic disorders
- Centre for luminal disorders
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy and ERCP
- Centre for swallowing and oesophageal disorders
- Gastrointestinal haemostasis
- Cancer detection and palliation unit
- Paediatric gastroenterology
- Intensive care services
- Tele-medicine and tele-education services