The Advanced Immunohaematology and Flowcytometry Lab started functioning from 6th October 2011 as a joint venture between clinical haematology, lab haematology and nanosciences.
Flourescence activated cell sorting or flowcytometry is a technique which provides very rapid, multiparametric, single cell analysis and sorting.
It is a state of the art tool which aids in the rapid and accurate diagnosis of many haematological diseases including malignancies and immunodeficiencies.
Our eminent Faculty
Dr Neeraj Sidharthan MD, DNB, DM Clinical Haematologist and Haemato oncologist
Dr Krishnaprasad C PhD Flow Cytometry Lab in Charge
Dr Raghuveer Prabhu MD, DM Clinical Haematologist and Hemato oncologist
DrVeena Shenoy MD Immunohaematologist
Dr Geeta Vidhyadharan MD, DNB Haematology Lab in Charge
Dr Padmanabha Shenoy MD, DM Clinical Immunologist and Rheumatologist
This is the first lab of its kind in Kochi. It is only the second one in Kerala after RCC Trivandrum
Currently the following services are being offered:
Immunophenotyping by flow cytometry
1. Acute Leukemia basic lineage and cytoplasmic markers panel- for diagnosis of acute leukemias
2. Lymphocyte subset (T and B cell) analysis — for suspected cases with Immunodeficiencies
3. CD 4 and CD8 enumeration — for patients with HIV infection
4. Stem cell enumeration – for Stem cell transplant
5. CD 19 — enumeration of B cells